• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Wike, Umahi, INEC, Others Defend N2.177Trn Supplementary Budget before House of Reps | METROWATCH

Seyi Babalola by Seyi Babalola
November 1, 2023
0 0
0
•Gallery...Nigeria's National Assembly (House of Reps)

•Gallery...Nigeria's National Assembly (House of Reps)

Few members of President Bola Tinubu’s cabinet and Professor Mahmood Yakubu, the head of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), defended the N2.177 trillion supplemental budget before the House of Representatives ‘ Committee on Appropriation on Wednesday.

Minister of Works David Umahi, Minister of Defense Alhaji Abubakar Badaru, Minister of Agriculture and Food Security Alhaji Abubakar Kyari, and Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Nyesom Wike are among those that spoke before the committee.

Others are, among others, Yusuf Bichi, the Director of the Department of State Service, and service chiefs.

Speaking during the budget defence, Chairman, House Committee on Appropriation, Abubakar Bichi, said the N2,176,791,286,033 Supplementary Appropriation Bill sent to the National Assembly earlier this week was meant to enhance security, food, road construction, bridge construction, and address the housing deficit.

Bichi said the budget was “specifically structured to improve the country’s security, food security, and critical road infrastructure sectors and to bridge the housing deficit in the country, including slum upgrades and urban renewal.

READ ALSO  Gaza: Deadlock Deepens as Security Council Rejects Resolutions by U.S., Russia | METROWATCH

“It will also support the provisional wage to workers and cash transfers to vulnerable Nigerians. It will also cater to the upcoming off-cycle elections in Kogi, Bayelsa and Imo States,” he said.

The lawmaker noted that out of the sum of 476,543,847,421 proposed for Ministry of Defence, the sum of N215,937,945,659 is for recurrent expenditure while N260,605,901,762 is for capital expenditure.

He said of the N200 billion proposed for Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, N104.800 billion is for recurrent expenditure, while N95.200 billion is for capital expenditure.

From the sum of N50 billion proposed for police formations and commands, N29,661,660,269 is for recurrent expenditure, while N20,338,339,731 is for capital expenditure.

Out of the total sum of N29,700,606,916 proposed for the office of National Security Adviser, N27,402,410,057 is for recurrent expenditure, while N2,298,196,859 is for capital expenditure.

The sum of N100 billion was also proposed for Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA); N49,046,831,697 is for the Department of State Services (DSS); N28 billion is for the State House; N300 billion is for Federal Ministry of Works; N100 billion is for Federal Ministry of Housing; N615 billion is for service-wide vote; N210.500 is for capital supplementation; and the sum of N18 billion is for Independent Electoral Commission (INEC).

READ ALSO  Guber polls: INEC begins collation of results in Zamfara

“We have invited the relevant MDAs to defend and shed more light on their submissions. At the end of the hearing, we will collate our analysis into a report and send it back to the House.

“I have divided this into two sections: we will start with the non-security agencies, and later, we will go into an executive section for the security agencies,” Bichi said.

Also speaking, the Chairman, House Committee on FCT, Muktar Aliyu Betara, disclosed that the Executive sent only N100 billion to the National Assembly from the N300 billion requested for FCTA.

He further disclosed that N200 billion will be captured and considered during the 2024 budget defence.

Tags: House of RepresentativesINECUmahiWike
Seyi Babalola

Seyi Babalola

Experienced Communications Expert and Journalist with an excellent track record of overseeing every aspect of news publishing from research, news collection/sourcing, editing and distribution. Adept at planning and implementing strategic initiatives across PR, broadcast and digital marketing to attract the target audience. Versatile and proactive individual with interest in public relations, media management, and Fact Checks.

RELATED POST

JUST IN: Appeal Court Overturns High Court Judgment, Reaffirms Validity Of Kano LG Elections
Latest News

2027: Court voids INEC’s timelines on party primaries, nomination of candidates

by Kemi Sheriepha
May 22, 2026
0

Ahead of the 2027 general election, political parties have received relief after the Federal High Court in Abuja invalidated the...

Read moreDetails
JUST IN: Constituents Petition INEC, Begin Process to Recall Enugu Rep, Martins Oke

INEC Fixes June 20 for Rivers South-East Senatorial By-election   

May 21, 2026
Let’s Bet, Tinubu Will Win 2027 Election, Wike Challenges El-Rufai

‘Political 419’, Wike Dismisses Makinde’s PDP-APM Alliance

May 14, 2026
May Day: Eswatini Bans Rally, Labour Union Heads to Court

Court Dismisses ADA Suit against INEC for Lacking in Merit

May 13, 2026
JUST IN: Constituents Petition INEC, Begin Process to Recall Enugu Rep, Martins Oke

INEC to Deploy 1.4m Corps Members for 2027 Elections

May 12, 2026
Goodluck Jonathan: Why I’ll Not Comment on Emergency Rule in Rivers

2027 Presidency: Jonathan Caught in PDP’s Quagmire

May 12, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Celebration as Okpebholo, Idahosa, Odubu, Imasuen Others Inspect Reconstructed Oba Market
  • Court Grant CBN Sole Ownership of eNaira Platform
  • NDC Unveils 20-member Screening C’ttee for Gov, NASS Primaries
  • Burial Begins for Teacher Killed in Oyo School Attack
  • Zulum Lauds Tinubu, Shettima as Gubio Emerges Borno APC’ Guber Candidate

Recommended

Ilebaye

VIDEO | I Will Unveil My Empire Soon – BBNaija AllStars Winner, Ilebaye Reveals | METROWATCH

2 years ago
Sunday Igboho

VIDEO | BREAKING: Yoruba Nation Activist, Sunday Igboho Back in Nigeria | METROWATCH

2 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved