• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Thursday, August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home EDUCATION

80,000 candidates sit for rescheduled UTME – Official | METROWATCH

Seyi Babalola by Seyi Babalola
May 6, 2023
0 0
0
JAMB

*JAMB logo

No fewer than 80,000 candidates on Saturday sat for the rescheduled Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) across the country.

JAMB’s Head of Public Affairs and Protocol, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, said this while monitoring the exercise on Saturday in Abuja.

Benjamin said about 80,000 candidates who could not sit for the 2023 UTME within their scheduled time owing to no fault of theirs, sat for the rescheduled UTME across the country.

He said candidates affected include those who were verified at their centres but could not sit the examination, those who could not be biometrically verified and those with mismatched data, among others.

Benjamin said the deployment of innovations in the conduct of the exam paid off as the exercise recorded the lowest reported cases of infractions.

READ ALSO  UTME: JAMB Says No Issues with its Central Admission Processing System

“In this year’s UTME, issue of examination malpractices was reduced to almost zero level,” he said.

Speaking on the results of the rescheduled UTME, Benjamin
said the board’s management would analyse the conduct of the exercise after its conclusion and take a decision.

The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, who also monitored the examination alongside JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, expressed satisfaction over the conduct of the rescheduled 2023 UTME.

Adamu, who was at a Computer Based Test (CBT) centre, located at Mambila Barracks, Asokoro, expressed delight over the smooth conduct of the exercise.

“I am very happy with what I have seen. The (temporary) holding room (for candidates), and the arrangement in the conduct of the examination is in order,” Adamu said.

READ ALSO  UTME Mop-up Exam Costs JAMB N100m, says Registrar

The Minister, who said there were no any negative incident recorded in the conduct of the UTME at the CBT centre, made a case for a temporary holding place for candidates waiting for the scheduled time of the exam.

“Everything is okay, have you seen any problem? Perhaps they should have a class for the holding room, I think that is the only improvement they will make here,” Adamu said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that JAMB had on May 2 released the results of candidates who had earlier took part in the exam, which commenced on April 25.

Tags: JAMBUTME
Seyi Babalola

Seyi Babalola

Experienced Communications Expert and Journalist with an excellent track record of overseeing every aspect of news publishing from research, news collection/sourcing, editing and distribution. Adept at planning and implementing strategic initiatives across PR, broadcast and digital marketing to attract the target audience. Versatile and proactive individual with interest in public relations, media management, and Fact Checks.

RELATED POST

JAMB Registrar Clears 5,000 Complaints in 5 Days
Latest News

JAMB Registrar Clears 5,000 Complaints in 5 Days

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 9, 2026
0

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said its new Registrar, Prof. Segun Aina, personally intervened in the resolution...

Read moreDetails
University Admission: JAMB Sends Special Message to Direct Entry Candidates

2026 UTME Original Result Slips Ready for Printing, says JAMB

June 17, 2026
Teenager Drags JAMB to Court Over Hijab Ban During UTME

JAMB Releases 2026 UTME Mop-up Results

June 16, 2026
Tinubu Appoints 40-year-old Prof Segun Aina as New Registrar of JAMB

Tinubu Appoints 40-year-old Prof Segun Aina as New Registrar of JAMB

May 21, 2026
University Admission: JAMB Sends Special Message to Direct Entry Candidates

JAMB Releases 279 Withheld UTME Results after Review

May 21, 2026
Nigerian Govt Exempts Colleges of Education Candidates from UTME

Nigerian Govt Exempts Colleges of Education Candidates from UTME

May 11, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • OPINION | Time for Gusau NFF Board to Quit, By Danladi Bako
  • ’40 Vehicle Assembly Plants Now Operational in Nigeria’, Says Automotive Council
  • Subsidy Savings: Account for ₦10.4tn Received, NECA Tells States, LGs
  • Ebonyi LG Polls: Police Restrict Movement Saturday
  • 2027: Okorocha Sues INEC, APC, Uzodinma over Imo West Ticket

Recommended

Diddy Files for Gag Order, Cites Grand Jury Witness Interview Outside Courthouse

S3x Trafficking: Sean Diddy’s Top Lawyer Quits Case Ahead of Trial

1 year ago
Nassarawa 2023: Jonathan’s ex-Minister Maku dumps APGA, Returns to PDP

Nassarawa 2023: Jonathan’s ex-Minister Maku dumps APGA, Returns to PDP

4 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved