• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home POLITICS

2023: INEC to lift Ban on CVR in three Imo LGAs, says Uzodimma

Ogochukwu Isioma by Ogochukwu Isioma
July 20, 2022
0 0
0
*Imo state gov, Hope Uzodimma

*Imo state gov, Hope Uzodimma

Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo State has hinted that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has agreed to lift the ban on Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) which the Commission placed on the State last week, citing insecurity and consequently, loss of life of her personnel.

Uzodimma gave the cheery news on Sunday, saying his intervention became necessary to allow Imo citizens register and obtain their Permanent Voter Card (PVC) before the next general election.

The Governor spoke at the end of Church Service at the Government House Chapel Owerri as Catholics mark their 2022 Mothering Sunday.

“By Monday, the 25th of April, 2022 the CVR will resume in all the designated centres while the three Local Government under ban will carry out the registration at their Local Government Headquarters.”

Governor Uzodimma noted the importance of the Continuous Registration, saying “those who are deliberately scaring the people away from registering are enemies of the State who want to draw the State back knowing full well that the INEC registration and the population census are yardsticks for Federal Revenue Allocation to States and Local Governments.”

“Therefore, there is every need for every citizen of Imo State, 18 years and above, to go and register and obtain the PVC for the forth coming election,” he added.

READ ALSO  APC Convention: 'I See Danger', Remember MKO Abiola - Fayose writes Tinubu

On the Ohaji Egbema fire outbreak, weekend, where nearly 100 persons lost their lives as a result of illegal bunkering and refining, Governor Uzodimma condemned the act in its entirely and emphasized that “the right of oil allocation and refining only belongs to the Federal Government.”

“It is an economic sabotage and in fact a taboo to engage in such clandestine business,” even as he warned Imo people involved in such activities to desist from such.

He also used the opportunity to condole the families of the deceased and prayed for the repose of their souls, describing the situation leading to their death as unfortunate.

On Imo security generally, the Governor said his administration was still doing her best to fight all forms of crime and criminality. He said government has deviced better strategy to contend insecurity and enjoined Imo people not to live in fear any longer.

As a first step, Governor Uzodimma said the Government has strengthened the Local Vigilante known as “Ebube Agu” to operate in the 27 Local Government Areas of the State effective Monday, April 25, 2022.

READ ALSO  Anambra: Soludo Receives Certificate of Return from INEC

“Ebube Agu will work with the security agencies in all the 27 LGAs in the State to ensure that every citizen goes about their normal businesses without fear of molestation or harassment from anybody.”

He reassured Imo people that “soon both the sponsors and the perpetrators of the violent crime, killings, blood lettings and burning of private and public institutions and private homes in the state will be made public and brought to book.”

Governor Uzodimma reiterated his administration’s preparedness to serve Imo people well when he said “we are to do the will of the people and what the people want.”

To APC faithful, he reassure them that all aspirants will be given a level playing ground and that Party members will be allowed to produce their candidates as “there will be no imposition of candidates.”

That way, he said, winning of election will be easier for APC in Imo State.

Governor Uzodimma congratulated the mothers once more and wished them Happy Mothering Sunday.

(News Express)

Tags: CVRImoINEC
Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Bachelor's degree holder in Linguistics (Hons) from the University of Benin, and a Master's student in International Affairs and Diplomacy at the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

RELATED POST

JUST IN: Constituents Petition INEC, Begin Process to Recall Enugu Rep, Martins Oke
Latest News

INEC Releases 2027 Election Timetable

by Kemi Sheriepha
February 13, 2026
0

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the timetable and schedule of activities for the 2027 general election. According...

Read moreDetails
JUST IN: INEC Finalizes 2027 Election Timetable, Schedule of Activities

2027: INEC Reiterates Commitment to Technology Deployment, Clarifies Election Budget

February 13, 2026
2023: Expert Calls on INEC to ‘Urgently’ Upgrade BVAS

BREAKING | INEC Fixes Feb 20 for 2027 Presidential Election, March 6 Governorship

February 13, 2026
Senate Constitutes 12-Member Ad Hoc Committee On Alleged Christian Genocide In Nigeria

2027: Nigeria Senate Insists ‘INEC Lacks Capacity to Conduct e-Voting’

February 13, 2026
Tax Reform Bills Not Withdrawn, Senate Can’t Be Intimidated, Akpabio Says

No Network in 9 States, Akpabio Justifies Senate Decision on Electronic Transmission

February 9, 2026
2027: INEC Registers DLA, NDC as New Political Parties

2027: INEC Registers DLA, NDC as New Political Parties

February 5, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • BVAS Glitches Disenfranchise Voters in Abaji Area Council Poll
  • Wike Says FCT Councils’ Election Peaceful, Lauds Voters’ Conduct
  • I’ll Be a Fool to Say APC is Party of Saints, Aviation Minister, Festus Keyamo Admits
  • FCT Election: INEC Fails to Meet 8:30am Kick-Off, Sensitive Materials Yet to Leave RAC (Photos)
  • We Yelled At Each Other, Senator Kingibe Recounts Heated Clash with Wike

Recommended

Tinubu, Others: Fani-Kayode Fights Back, Blasts UK Envoy ‘for Interfering in 2023 Elections’

Alleged Rigging: Fani-Kayode Blasts U.S. over Visa Ban on ‘Selected Nigerians’ | METROWATCH

3 years ago
NAF Initiates 340 Infrastructure Projects, Completes 195 in 20 Months, Says CAS Hassan Abubakar

NAF Initiates 340 Infrastructure Projects, Completes 195 in 20 Months, Says CAS Hassan Abubakar

12 months ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved