• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Trump Says US Will be ‘Paid’ for Guarding Strait of Hormuz

The US president’s comments came after US and Iranian attacks of a scale unseen since an April ceasefire in the conflict in the Middle East, adding to doubts about efforts to bring a permanent end to the war that has halted shipping through the strait

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
July 13, 2026
0 0
0

President Donald Trump said Monday that the United States would be paid for guarding the Strait of Hormuz after declaring that it would be “taking over” the strategic waterway.

“We’ll become the guardian of the Strait,” Trump told “Fox and Friends,” adding that the US had been guarding it for “nothing” but now would be reimbursed by wealthy nations.

“We’re going to get paid for guarding it. A lot of money, but we just want to be reimbursed for doing all of this, for putting our people in danger.”

The US president’s comments came after US and Iranian attacks of a scale unseen since an April ceasefire in the conflict in the Middle East, adding to doubts about efforts to bring a permanent end to the war that has halted shipping through the strait.

READ ALSO  God Spoke Through Tinubu When He Said 'Emi Lokan' — Awujale | METROWATCH

The past week’s hostilities have centered on the critical energy trade route, the control of which is a key point of dispute between Washington and Tehran.

In his Monday interview, Trump complained about the tactics of Iranian negotiators seeking changes in what was agreed during hours of talks at the weekend.

“We’re taking over the Strait. They have nothing. They’ve got nothing,” Trump said. “Yesterday, they had an 11-hour meeting … And everything was agreed to yesterday. And they leave the room, and they call back, and they say we had to make a couple of changes,” he added, without elaborating on what changes were sought.

Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman said Monday the government was talking with mediators from Qatar, Pakistan and Oman in a bid to prevent an escalation in the war.

READ ALSO  Natasha Defies Senate, Arrives National Assembly

Iran’s powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps says that the Strait of Hormuz is “closed” but the US maintains it is open to maritime traffic and not controlled by Iran.

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: Strait of HormuzTrump
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

US Embassy Running Fraudulent Visa Application in Nigeria, NNPP Chieftain, Ajadi Raises Alarm
Latest News

US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 22, 2026
0

A United States District Court in Manhattan has nullified the Donald Trump administration’s policy suspending the processing and issuance of...

Read moreDetails
War: We’re Coming in to Clean Up, Donald Trump Insists on Ground Invasion of Iran

US Will ‘Keep’ Control of Hormuz Strait, Says Trump

August 12, 2026
War: We’re Coming in to Clean Up, Donald Trump Insists on Ground Invasion of Iran

Trump Warns Iran to Open Hormuz or Get ‘Hit Very Hard’

August 5, 2026
US President, Trump Threatens South Africa, Gives Reason

Trump Pays $5m to Writer for Assault, Defamation

July 14, 2026
OVH Energy Deal: Group Files Suit Seeking N140Bn Refund to Nigeria Government

US Supreme Court Rejects Trump’s Bid to Restrict Birthright Citizenship

June 30, 2026
Trump, Iran’s President Sign Deal to End Middle East War

US Media Slam Trump over Concessions in Iran War Deal

June 18, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 
  • Nigerian Filling Stations Increase Fuel Pump Price
  • 2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council
  • US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 
  • Fire Outbreak Rocks SPAR Outlet in Calabar

Recommended

Oshiomhole Clarifies Comments on Politicians’ Sins Getting Forgiven By Joining APC

Oshiomhole Clarifies Comments on Politicians’ Sins Getting Forgiven By Joining APC

1 year ago
Beyonce Donates £8,000 to Nigerian-owned Restaurant in London | METROWATCH

Beyonce Donates £8,000 to Nigerian-owned Restaurant in London | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved