• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Monday, August 17, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Ondo: Police Rescue 12 Kidnapped Passengers, Intensify Search for Others

DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the command’s Spokesperson, who made this known in a statement on Saturday in Akure, said the victims were in two commercial Hiace buses conveying passengers from Benue State en route Ibadan

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
May 23, 2026
0 0
0
By Muftau Ogunyemi

The Police Command in Ondo State says it has rescued 12 victims abducted during a kidnapping incident which occurred in the early hours of Saturday at Isua-Akoko, Akoko South-East Local Government Area of the state.

DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the command’s Spokesperson, who made this known in a statement on Saturday in Akure, said the victims were in two commercial Hiace buses conveying passengers from Benue State en route Ibadan.

Jimoh said the rescue followed a distress report received by the command at about 0130hrs, that the passengers of commercial buses had been violently intercepted by suspected armed kidnappers.

According to him, the attackers reportedly forced several passengers out of the vehicles and marched them into a nearby forest.

“Following the report, the police immediately activated a coordinated rescue operation as operatives of the command, alongside local hunters and other security stakeholders, were swiftly mobilised to the scene..

“Upon arrival, the combined rescue team commenced an intensive bush-combing operation across the surrounding forests and difficult terrains where the victims were believed to have been taken.

READ ALSO  NPA, MD Koko Win Champion Newspapers Awards for 2023 | METROWATCH

“Intelligence-led surveillance and strategic tracking efforts were simultaneously intensified to trail the fleeing suspects and facilitate the safe rescue of the remaining victims.

“The sustained pressure mounted by the combined security team yielded significant success as 12 kidnapped victims, including the drivers of the affected buses, were successfully rescued alive.

“The rescued victims are currently receiving necessary medical attention and support while arrangements are being made to reunite them with their families,” he said

Jimoh, therefore, reassured the public that operations were still ongoing to secure the release of the remaining victims and bring all those involved in the act to justice.

The spokesperson also said additional tactical and intelligence assets had been deployed to the area to reinforce the ongoing rescue and manhunt operations.

According to him, the Commissioner of Police (CP) in the state, Felix Ohagwu, visited the scene of the incident where he held strategic engagements with community heads, local vigilante groups and other relevant stakeholders within the axis.

READ ALSO  Umahi Joins Race for Senate Presidency, Meets Buhari for Blessing, Support | METROWATCH

“During the meeting, the CP stressed the need for sustained collaboration between the police, local communities, and other security actors.

“The meeting is in order to facilitate the rescue of the remaining victims, apprehend the fleeing suspects, and prevent future occurrences of such criminal activities in the area.

“The CP further reaffirmed the command’s unwavering commitment to protecting lives and property across Ondo State and maintaining relentless pressure on criminal elements operating within the state.

“Ohagwu commended the bravery, professionalism and swift response of the police operatives, tactical teams, local hunters and other security collaborators involved in the operation.

“He urged residents to remain calm, vigilant and supportive of security agencies by providing timely and credible information capable of aiding ongoing operations and broader crime prevention efforts.

“The command remains resolute in its determination to combat kidnapping and other violent crimes and will continue to deploy all lawful means necessary to ensure the safety and security of residents across Ondo State,” he said. (NAN)

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: OndoPolice
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 
Latest News

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 13, 2026
0

Senator representing Osun-East Senatorial District, Francis Fadahunsi, was yesterday questioned by the Osun State Police Command for about two hours...

Read moreDetails
Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

August 12, 2026
No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

August 12, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Osun 2026: Police Summon Fadahunsi over Alleged Inciting Remarks

August 12, 2026
Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

July 30, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Police Confirm Abduction of Headmaster in Oyo

July 13, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • NFF Sacks Super Falcons Technical Crew after World Cup Miss
  • Ojulari Never Awarded Oil Block, had no Role in Licensing, Says NNPCL Insiders
  • 2027: SDP Sets Sights on Oyo Governorship
  • Agbebaku Reveals Reason for Resignation
  • Osun Election: Soludo congratulates Adeleke

Recommended

2027: We’re Not Part of Kwankwaso’s Plans to Join APC, Says NNPP

NNPP Raises Alarm over INEC’s Refusal to Recognise Leadership

4 months ago
2022 Hajj: Zamfara Govt to Return N50,000 to 1,318 Pilgrims

Zamfara Govt Recovers 40 Vehicles from Residence of ex-Gov Matawalle | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved