• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Iran Officially Announce New Body to Manage Strait of Hormuz

On its official X account, the Supreme National Security Council shared a post for the Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) saying it would provide “real‑time updates on the #Hormuz_Strait operations and latest developments.”

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
May 18, 2026
0 0
0

Iran’s top security body announced on Monday the formation of a new body to manage the Strait of Hormuz, which Tehran has effectively closed and wants to charge ships to traverse.

On its official X account, the Supreme National Security Council shared a post for the Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) saying it would provide “real‑time updates on the #Hormuz_Strait operations and latest developments.”

The account of the Revolutionary Guards navy shared the same post.

It was not immediately clear what the new body would do but earlier this month Iranian English-speaking broadcaster Press TV said it constituted a “system to exercise sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz” and that ships passing through the strait were sent “regulations” from the email info@pgsa.ir.

READ ALSO  Kogi Guber: Nigerian Witches Invite Dino Melaye, Warn of Consequences if he Disobeys | METROWATCH

Iran has largely blocked shipping through the vital strait since the outbreak of war with the United States and Israel on February 28. A fragile ceasefire has been in place since April 8.

Iran’s grip over the waterway has rattled global markets and given Tehran significant leverage, while the United States has imposed its own naval blockade on Iranian ports.

In peacetime, the route accounts for roughly a fifth of global oil and liquefied natural gas shipments, along with other key commodities including fertiliser.

Since the war began, Iran has repeatedly said that maritime traffic through the strait would “not return to its pre-war status” and last month it said it had received the first revenue from tolls on the waterway.

READ ALSO  BREAKING | EFCC Bows to Court’s Order, Produces Emefiele in Court | METROWATCH

On Saturday, Ebrahim Azizi, head of the Iranian parliament’s national security commission, said Iran “has prepared a professional mechanism to manage traffic” through the strait, adding that it will be “unveiled soon”. AFP

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: IranStraits of Hormuz
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

War: We’re Coming in to Clean Up, Donald Trump Insists on Ground Invasion of Iran
Latest News

US Will ‘Keep’ Control of Hormuz Strait, Says Trump

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 12, 2026
0

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said the United States is in control of the strategic Strait of Hormuz and will...

Read moreDetails
War: We’re Coming in to Clean Up, Donald Trump Insists on Ground Invasion of Iran

Trump Warns Iran to Open Hormuz or Get ‘Hit Very Hard’

August 5, 2026
Oil Slumps 14% to $94.41 Per Barrel on US-Iran Ceasefire

Oil Prices Sink as US-Iran Pause Fuels Fresh Hormuz Hopes

July 27, 2026
Both US, Iran Claim Victory after 11th-Hour Truce

Mediators Push 10-day Ceasefire to Revive US-Iran Memorandum

July 20, 2026
Both US, Iran Claim Victory after 11th-Hour Truce

US-Iran Fighting Escalates with Infrastructure Targeted

July 18, 2026
Iran’s Guards Accuse US of Endangering Global Oil Supply

Iran’s Guards Accuse US of Endangering Global Oil Supply

July 13, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Chelsea Confirm Name Change Ahead of New Season
  • JUST IN: US Court Gives Attorney, Pirro Ultimatum to Release ‘Tinubu Drug-Trafficking Records’
  • Osun Election: We Collaborated with Accord to Stop APC, ADC Claims
  • Plateau Assembly Raises Alarm over Fresh Mangu Attacks
  • Osun: President Tinubu Should be Commended for Fair Election Says Wike

Recommended

Oba of Benin Ends Mother’s Funeral Rites with Thanksgiving

Oba of Benin Ends Mother’s Funeral Rites with Thanksgiving

1 year ago
FACT CHECK | Bawa: Chukkol is EFCC Acting Chairman, Not Abba | METROWATCH

FACT CHECK | Bawa: Chukkol is EFCC Acting Chairman, Not Abba | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved