• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Monday, August 17, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Police IG Storms Kebbi After Schoolgirls’ Abduction

During the visit, the police chief is expected to meet with the State Governor, Nasir Idris, and later address personnel of the Nigeria Police Force in the state, Channels Television reports

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
November 25, 2025
0 0
0

Kayode Egbetokun, the Inspector General of Police, arrived in Kebbi State on Tuesday in response to the abduction of schoolgirls from Government Girls’ Comprehensive Senior Secondary School, Maga.

During the visit, the police chief is expected to meet with the State Governor, Nasir Idris, and later address personnel of the Nigeria Police Force in the state, Channels Television reports.

Egbetokun’s visit follows a security briefing with President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa on Sunday, where the rising cases of abductions in Kebbi, Niger, and Kwara states were discussed.

Also present at the meeting were the Chief of Defence Staff, General Olufemi Oluyode; Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Kelvin Aneke; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Idi Abbas; Chief of Defence Intelligence, Major General E.A.P. Undiendeye; Chief of Army Staff, Major General Waidi Shaibu; and the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Tosin Ajayi.

It had earlier been reported that bandits had stormed the Government Girls Comprehensive Senior Secondary School, Maga, in the early hours of November 17, k!lling the Vice Principal, Malam Hassan Makuku, before whisking away several students.

READ ALSO  Sanusi: Kano Govt Denies Move to Dissolve New Emirates | METROWATCH

It was gathered that the gunmen operated unhindered during the attack and shot Makuku while attempting to protect the students.

As the nation grappled with the Kebbi tragedy, armed men launched another large-scale abduction in Niger State last Friday at St. Mary’s Primary and Secondary School, Papiri.

It was learned that the gunmen arrived in large numbers, riding on more than 60 motorcycles and accompanied by a van. The school’s gatekeeper was shot and left critically injured.

The gunmen abducted 315 students from the Catholic-owned school, although 50 of them later escaped, according to the Christian Association of Nigeria.

CAN Chairman in Niger State and Catholic Bishop of Kontagora Diocese, Most Rev. Bulus Yohanna, confirmed that the escaping students regained freedom between Friday and Saturday.

READ ALSO  TeeMac: Tinubu my In-law is 86 Years Old and not Qualified to be President

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: IGP EgbetokunKebbiPolice
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 
Latest News

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 13, 2026
0

Senator representing Osun-East Senatorial District, Francis Fadahunsi, was yesterday questioned by the Osun State Police Command for about two hours...

Read moreDetails
Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

August 12, 2026
No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

August 12, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Osun 2026: Police Summon Fadahunsi over Alleged Inciting Remarks

August 12, 2026
Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

July 30, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Police Confirm Abduction of Headmaster in Oyo

July 13, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Tax Ombud Set to Launch Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights, Obligations
  • Osun Election: ‘Agreement is Agreement’ – Keyamo Hails Adeleke over Tinubu Endorsement
  • Wike Signs 26,272 Cs of O in 3 Years of Tinubu’s Administration
  • ‘We’re Studying the Results to Determine Next Line of Action’ – APC Reacts to Osun Defeat
  • Osun Election: Kwankwaso Congratulates Adeleke, Says People’s Will Must Always Prevail

Recommended

Lagos

Flood: Lagos State Govt. Calls for Calm as State Experiences Heavy Rainfall | METROWATCH

2 years ago
Ballon d’Or

BREAKING | Ballon d’Or 2024: Full List of Nominees | METROWATCH

2 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved