• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Police Reveals How Landlord Planned Kidnap, Murder of 2 Ondo University Students 

Giving more details, the Ondo Police Commissioner, CP Adebowale Lawal in a statement in Akure, the state capital, on Wednesday, July 16, 2025 said the landlord has confessed to the crime

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
July 17, 2025
0 0
0

The Ondo State Police Command has given details on the kidnap and murder of two undergraduates of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko (AAUA), Abah John Friday, 25 and Okah Andrel Eloho,19.

The police said the kidnap and murder was planned by their landlord.

Giving more details, the Ondo Police Commissioner, CP Adebowale Lawal in a statement in Akure, the state capital, on Wednesday, July 16, 2025 said the landlord has confessed to the crime.

The lifeless body of Okah was later found last week, three weeks after their abduction, at a border community between Ekiti and Ondo States while efforts are ongoing to recover the remains of the male victim, who is believed to have been dumped in a river by an accomplice still at large.

The police boss said Friday Abah’s landlord, Oladele Femi, confessed to masterminding the plot and aiding the concealment of the m8rders.

The police commissioner noted that N800,000 was withdrawn from Mr Abah’s account while in captivity, while the female student was r3ped.

They were k!lled after the Okah unmasked the identity of one of the abductors in order to prevent the exposure of their evil act.

“Following a petition dated 24 June, 2025, submitted by G.O. Omoedu & Co., Legal Practitioners, on behalf of one Mr. Emmanuel Peter of Shagari Village, Akure, Ondo State, the Command launched an intensive investigation into the reported abduction of his younger brother, one Abah John Friday, 25, and his friend, Okah Andrel Eloho, 19, both students of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko—who went missing on 20 June, 2025,” the CP stated.

READ ALSO  Breastfed Babies Have Lower Risks of Diabetes Later in Life, Says Nutritionist | METROWATCH

“Upon receipt of the complaint, detectives from the Anti-kidnapping swung into action. Forensic tracking led investigators to Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos, where an iPhone 14 Pro Max belonging to one of the victims was recovered from one Abdul Mohammed Mubarak, 38.

“Mubarak confessed to purchasing the phone from one Ojo Michael, whose arrest was subsequently effected in Aramoko-Ekiti. A Lexus RX 350 vehicle belonging to the victims was also recovered at the point of arrest.

“Under interrogation, Ojo Michael confessed to participating in the robbery, abduction, and eventual murder of the victims. He further disclosed that the operation was masterminded by one Oladele Femi ‘m’—the landlord of the male victim—who allegedly engaged him (Michael) and another accomplice (identified as “Kola”, currently at large) to carry out the crime. Investigations revealed that the sum of N800,000 was transferred from the victim’s account during their captivity.

READ ALSO  FEC Approves N47.9trn Budget for 2025

“Michael also admitted to r3ping the female victim. Upon recognising him and unmasking his identity, she was executed along with her friend to prevent them from exposing the perpetrators. Their bodies were subsequently disposed of at separate locations between Agbado and Ode-Ekiti,” the commissioner said.

Mr Lawal said Mr Femi was arrested and during interrogation, confessed to initiating the plot and aiding in the concealment of the m8rders.

“Acting on this confession, detectives recovered the body of the female victim in a bush near Ode-Ekiti, and it has since been deposited at the General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy,” the commissioner further stated.

“Efforts are ongoing to recover the remains of the male victim, who is believed to have been dumped in a river by an accomplice still at large,” he said.

Mr Lawal described the case as a tragic reminder of the brutality of premeditated crimes and the devastating consequences of betrayal and greed, noting that the victims, young and promising undergraduates, were senselessly raped and murdered in cold blood.

He assured that efforts are ongoing to apprehend the remaining suspect at large, recover the remains of Abah John Friday, and bring all responsible parties to justice.

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: KidnapOndoPolice
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 
Latest News

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 13, 2026
0

Senator representing Osun-East Senatorial District, Francis Fadahunsi, was yesterday questioned by the Osun State Police Command for about two hours...

Read moreDetails
Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

August 12, 2026
No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

August 12, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Osun 2026: Police Summon Fadahunsi over Alleged Inciting Remarks

August 12, 2026
Tinubu Welcomes Rescue of 308 Kwara, Niger Kidnap Victims

Tinubu Welcomes Rescue of 308 Kwara, Niger Kidnap Victims

August 5, 2026
Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

July 30, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 
  • Nigerian Filling Stations Increase Fuel Pump Price
  • 2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council
  • US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 
  • Fire Outbreak Rocks SPAR Outlet in Calabar

Recommended

When I Die, Feed My Body to My Family to Eat — Phyna says in cryptic message | METROWATCH

‘No Woman Can Say She Hasn’t Done Abortion Once or Twice’ – BBNaija Phyna | METROWATCH

3 years ago
2 Female Journalists Unveil Book on Gov Yahaya Bello at 47

2 Female Journalists Unveil Book on Gov Yahaya Bello at 47

4 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved