• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Ibadan: Seyi Makinde Reveals Cause of Explosion, Visits Scene | METROWATCH

Seyi Babalola by Seyi Babalola
January 17, 2024
0 0
0
Seyi Makinde

*Governor Seyi Makinde

The governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde has said that preliminary investigation revealed that explosive devices stored by illegal miners led to the explosion that rocked Ibadan on Tuesday night.

The governor promised that those found guilty will face consequences even though the inquiry is still underway.

He continued by saying that 77 people had been hurt and two individuals had died as a result of the explosion.

In a statement released on Wednesday, the governor said he had been to the scene of the explosion in Bodija, Ibadan, which happened on Tuesday night at about 7:44 p.m.

Makinde noted: “We have already deployed first responders and all relevant agencies within Oyo State to carry out comprehensive search and rescue operations. These operations will continue throughout the night.

READ ALSO  Oyo, Osun Boundary Dispute: Adeleke Sues for Peace | METROWATCH

“Earth-moving equipment, ambulances, emergency lights, and security were deployed to the scene of the incident. The wounded and injured are being treated and moved to public and private hospitals within Ibadan.

“Medical personnel are on standby at these hospitals to provide all needed assistance to the injured. We have visited UCH to see some of those injured during the incident.

“In total, we have 77 injured victims so far, most of whom were treated and discharged and 2 fatalities. May their souls rest in peace and may God give their loved ones the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.”

The governor said he had directed that the medical bills of all victims be covered by the government.

He stressed that the state government would also be providing temporary accommodation for those whose houses were affected and ensure that they are supported to rebuild their lives.

READ ALSO  The Journey... (l)

Makinde noted: “Preliminary investigations by the security agencies revealed that illegal miners occupying one of the houses in Bodija had stored explosive devices there which caused the blast. The investigations are ongoing. All those found culpable for this will be brought to book.”

The governor urged residents to call 615 for any emergency they might be experiencing at this time and to remain calm.

He also urged them to stay away from the immediate scene of the incident to allow rescue operations to be carried out without interference.

Tags: Ibadan ExposionOyoSeyi Makinde
Seyi Babalola

Seyi Babalola

Experienced Communications Expert and Journalist with an excellent track record of overseeing every aspect of news publishing from research, news collection/sourcing, editing and distribution. Adept at planning and implementing strategic initiatives across PR, broadcast and digital marketing to attract the target audience. Versatile and proactive individual with interest in public relations, media management, and Fact Checks.

RELATED POST

‘Victory for Democracy’ — Makinde Congratulates Adeleke on Re-election as Osun Governor
Latest News

‘Victory for Democracy’ — Makinde Congratulates Adeleke on Re-election as Osun Governor

by Ogochukwu Isioma
August 16, 2026
0

Governor of Oyo state, Seyi Makinde, has congratulated his Osun State counterpart, Ademola Adeleke, on his re-election, describing the victory...

Read moreDetails
APC, PDP Administrations Disappointed Oyo People, ADP Candidate Says

APC, PDP Administrations Disappointed Oyo People, ADP Candidate Says

August 4, 2026
JUST IN: Crisis Brews In ADC as New Faction Emerges

2027: Nigerians, not Obasanjo, ‘ll Decide Election, ADC Says

August 3, 2026
BREAKING | Kidnapped Oyo Pupils, Teachers Regain Freedom

BREAKING | Kidnapped Oyo Pupils, Teachers Regain Freedom

July 10, 2026
Sunday Igboho Drags DSS to Supreme Court

Sunday Igboho Confirms Recovery of Injured Iru Ekun Operatives After Oyo Forest Ambush

June 29, 2026
Oyo Govt Demolishes Building Used by Adelabu Family’s Kidnappers

Oyo Govt Demolishes Building Used by Adelabu Family’s Kidnappers

June 8, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • I was Once Broke Despite Having Rich Parents, Says Davido
  • Syria Sentences Bashar al-Assad’s Cousin to Death
  • Ogogo: Femi Adebayo Seeks Urgent Medical Help for Taiwo Hassan
  • Osun: ‘We Respect INEC’s Position’, Oyebamiji Speaks after Defeat
  • IGP Disu Issues Warning against Jungle Justice 

Recommended

Oba of Benin Ends Mother’s Funeral Rites with Thanksgiving

Oba of Benin Ends Mother’s Funeral Rites with Thanksgiving

1 year ago
FACT CHECK | Bawa: Chukkol is EFCC Acting Chairman, Not Abba | METROWATCH

FACT CHECK | Bawa: Chukkol is EFCC Acting Chairman, Not Abba | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved