Nigerian chef and entrepreneur Hilda Effiong Bassey, popularly known as Hilda Baci, broke the Guinness World Record for the longest cooking marathon by an individual with a 93-hour cooking marathon and counting.
Here are 10 major highlights from the cook-a-thon:
1. Hilda has broken the world record for the longest cooking time by an individual at 87 hours, 45 minutes, previously held by Lata Tondon, and is now aiming to set her record of 96 hours.
2. The event gained a significant level of recognition from celebrities such as Tiwa Savage, Spyro, Nancy Isimi, Enioluwa, Iyabo Ojo, Dremo, Charles Okocha, Timi Agbaje, visiting the venue of her cook-a-thon at the Amore Gardens in Lekki, Lagos State.
3. The event gained international recognition as the current record holder, Lata Tondon, and the official Guinness World Record wished Hilda Well.
4. The event had a massive turnout of people as Nigerians came out en masse until the venue had to be shut from new entrants.
5. Governor Sanwo Olu, Senator Godswill Akpabio, and other Senators-elect personally visited the venue to support Hilda.
6. Hilda also received a phone call from the vice president of Nigeria, Prof.Yemi Osinbajo, who gave her encouraging words of support.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari, President-elect, Bola Tinubu, and other notable politicians like Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi also commended her bravery
8. Her kitchen assistants showed immense support as they helped with back rubs and massages.
9. Efik/Ibibio dancers came out to support Baci, who is a native of Akwa Ibom State.
10. Nigerians defied the rain and stayed up all night at the venue to cheer Hilda to success.
*Source: THE PUNCH