• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Gunmen Kill Two Policemen in Enugu During Stop-and-Search Operation

Ogochukwu Isioma by Ogochukwu Isioma
March 27, 2023
0 0
0

The police command in Enugu has launched a massive manhunt for gunmen who attacked its operatives on a routine stop-and-search duty at Uwani in the Enugu metropolis.

Its spokesman, DSP Daniel Ndukwe, said in a statement on Monday in Enugu that the manhunt had resulted in the gunmen abandoning a black Mercedes Benz ML 350 they used for the operation along Enugu-Port-Harcourt Road.

The statement said the attack took place at Osadebe Stree, Kenyatta Market Enugu, on Sunday, at about 11:30 a.m.

“The armed hoodlums, who came in their numbers and operating in SUVs, suddenly opened fire on the police operatives on routine stop-and-search duty. Many of the hoodlums escaped with varying degrees of fatal gunshot injuries in the ensuing gun duel with the operatives,” the police statement said. “Two of the police operatives, who sustained severe gunshot injuries were moved to the hospital and they were confirmed dead and their corpses deposited in the mortuary for preservation.”

READ ALSO  Rivers: Police Confirm 12 Dead in Friday Morning Explosion

A manhunt was “immediately launched,” resulting in the gunmen abandoning the black Mercedes Benz ML 350 4Matic SUV they used for the attack, said the command.

The police said the vehicle, riddled with gunshots and blood stains, had been recovered.

“The recovery of the vehicle and the signs thereof, corroborates preliminary investigation, which suggests that at least two of the hoodlums were neutralised,” stated the command.

Police commissioner Ahmed Ammani had ordered tactical/operational operatives of the command to sustain the “ongoing manhunt operation,” the statement revealed.

“The CP, therefore, urges citizens of the state and the general public to assist the command with useful information that will aid the speedy arrest of the suspects. The state police boss also called on residents and owners of medical facilities in particular to report any person or persons, dead or alive, sighted with gunshots injuries to the police,” said the police statement.

READ ALSO  Police: We are after Foreigners Operating Okada in Lagos

(NAN)

Tags: EnuguGunmenPolice
Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Master's degree holder in International Affairs and Diplomacy (with Distinction) from the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

RELATED POST

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 
Latest News

Osun Guber: Police Grill Fadahunsi for 2hrs over Inciteful Comments 

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 13, 2026
0

Senator representing Osun-East Senatorial District, Francis Fadahunsi, was yesterday questioned by the Osun State Police Command for about two hours...

Read moreDetails
Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

Osun Guber: Fadahunsi Honours Police Invitation over Alleged Threat

August 12, 2026
No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

No Room for Inciteful Comments, Osun CP Tells Politicians

August 12, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Osun 2026: Police Summon Fadahunsi over Alleged Inciting Remarks

August 12, 2026
Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

Osun Guber: Police Raids Targeting Senior Officials, Says State Govt

July 30, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Police Confirm Abduction of Headmaster in Oyo

July 13, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 
  • Nigerian Filling Stations Increase Fuel Pump Price
  • 2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council
  • US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 
  • Fire Outbreak Rocks SPAR Outlet in Calabar

Recommended

Oshiomhole Clarifies Comments on Politicians’ Sins Getting Forgiven By Joining APC

Oshiomhole Clarifies Comments on Politicians’ Sins Getting Forgiven By Joining APC

1 year ago
Beyonce Donates £8,000 to Nigerian-owned Restaurant in London | METROWATCH

Beyonce Donates £8,000 to Nigerian-owned Restaurant in London | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved