• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Germany: Ex-soldier Charged with Plotting Terrorist Attack

Ogochukwu Isioma by Ogochukwu Isioma
March 26, 2022
0 0
0
•A military camouflage

•A military camouflage

A 22-year-old man who once served in the German armed forces has been charged with plotting a serious attack against the state, the Frankfurt state prosecutor announced on Friday.

Together with his father and brother, he was said to have kept a large number of short and long guns requiring a licence, grenades and ammunition as well as various explosive devices in the district of Hochtaunus, north-west of Frankfurt.

The former Bundeswehr soldier wanted to set up a militant organisation inspired by Nazism, first to conquer Germany and later the whole world, according to the prosecutor’s statement.

Conquered territories were to be cleansed of refugees and migrants.

READ ALSO  Umahi Again! I Remain Ebonyi Governor Till May 29, 2023

By July 2020 at the latest, the 22-year-old had become determined to implement his plan, according to investigators.

His 64-year-old father and 21-year-old brother were said to have known about and approved of the plot.

They have been charged with aiding and abetting.

The weapons and ammunition were seized in the spring and summer of 2021.

For the most part, they had been elaborately hidden in a jointly used residential house across three garages located on the property and in two garden plots belonging to the father.

All three are alleged to have violated weapons and explosives acts.

They allegedly had no permit for the possession of weapons.

READ ALSO  Last Hurdle Off! Court Vacates Order Restraining APC Convention

The suspects have been in custody since their arrest at the end of February 2021.

The case was opened after a woman who had been the main suspect’s girlfriend at the time reported him for physical and verbal abuse.

The man had begun writing a manifesto in February 2016, when he was still a teenager.

In his military career, the man was last stationed at Pfullendorf as a staff soldier with the rank of lance corporal.

(dpa/NAN)

Tags: CourtGerman SoldierTerrorist Attack
Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Master's degree holder in International Affairs and Diplomacy (with Distinction) from the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

RELATED POST

BREAKING: Some “Elements” in Aso Rock want APC to Lose Presidency – El-Rufai
Latest News

DSS Accuses el-Rufai’s Family of Inciting Public against Judiciary

by Ogochukwu Isioma
May 19, 2026
0

By Taiye Agbaje The Department of State Services (DSS) on Tuesday accused the family of former Gov. Nasir el-Rufai of...

Read moreDetails
OVH Energy Deal: Group Files Suit Seeking N140Bn Refund to Nigeria Government

Landlord Drags Tenant to Court for Allegedly Tempering with AEDC Metre

May 14, 2026
I Can Only Afford N5,000 Feeding Allowance for My 2 Children, Man Tells Court

I Can Only Afford N5,000 Feeding Allowance for My 2 Children, Man Tells Court

May 12, 2026
BREAKING | Court Restrains INEC from Recognising ADC State Congresses

BREAKING | Court Restrains INEC from Recognising ADC State Congresses

April 29, 2026
Alleged N76bn, $31.5m fraud: Jega Testifies, Says Arik Never Cooperated With AMCON

Alleged N76Bn Fraud: EFCC Never Conducted Forensic Audit over Arik’s Debt, Says Witness

April 28, 2026
Court Grants AGF’s Request to Extradite Alleged Fraud Suspect to USA

Alleged Inconsistencies: NDC Prays Court to Strike Down Sections of New Electoral Act

April 24, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • BREAKING | Fubara Withdraws from Rivers APC Governorship Primaries
  • Kano Closes Schools for Eid-el-Kabir
  • APC: Desmond Elliot Announces Withdrawal from Lagos Assembly Primaries
  • BREAKING: CBN Retains Monetary Policy Rate at 26.5%
  • Peter Obi Visits Kwankwaso after Presidential Screening, Clearance

Recommended

JUST IN | Edo Legacy PDP Members Back out of Atiku Campaign Rally 

JUST IN | Edo Legacy PDP Members Back out of Atiku Campaign Rally 

4 years ago
Edo: Okpebholo Appoints Fred Itua as Chief Press Secretary

Okpebholo Okays Free Ride for Edo Residents, See the Routes

1 year ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved