• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home POLITICS

Convention: PDP Says INEC’s Rejection Confirms APC’s Ineligibility for 2023 Elections

Ogochukwu Isioma by Ogochukwu Isioma
March 11, 2022
0 0
0
•Dr. Iyorcha Ayu

•Dr. Iyorcha Ayu

By Ogochukwu Isioma

 

Themain opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that the non-recognition of the activities of the All Progressives Congress (APC) by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), further confirms PDP’s position that ‘APC lacks the legitimacy and statutory requisites to participate in the 2023 general elections.’

The party, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Hon. Debo Ologunagba, said that INEC’s refusal to honour APC’s invitation to attend its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting as well as the Commission’s disapproval of APC’s National Convention scheduled for March 26, 2022, further authenticates PDP’s stand that ‘the APC is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) in liquidation, preparatory to winding up, that cannot legally produce candidates for the elections.’

metrowatchxtra.com recalls that INEC had on Friday rejected an invitation to it by the APC, saying the Emergency NEC meeting invitation letter was not signed by the ousted National Chairman (Buni) and National Secretary (Akpanudoedehe) of the Party recognised by law, and that the notification falls short of the 21 days minimum notice required by law.

READ ALSO  Has Democracy Failed Nigerians?

In its reaction, the PDP in a statement obtained by metrowatchxtra.com

said the decision by INEC is another unmistaken ‘red flag’ to intending aspirants on the platform of the APC in the 2023 general elections that the APC has become defunct and cannot validly, legally and constitutionally field candidates in the 2023 general elections.

“Our Party draws attention to the grave import of INEC’s letter to the APC, dated March 9, 2022 to the effect that APC’s NEC meeting scheduled for Thursday March 17, 2022 will not be recognized by the Commission due to invalid notice; a development that will invalidate any decision reached at such meeting.

“Furthermore, INEC’s reference to the failure of the APC to give the required 21-day notice for its National Convention confirms the invalidity and unconstitutionality of any National Convention conducted by the APC’s illegal Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC).

“As it stands today, regardless of the boldface escapist excuses, the Sword of Damocles hangs precariously on the status of the contraption called CECPC and the APC itself. This signals an existential threat to the soulless, precipice-bound bunch of pretenders masquerading as a political party.

“The PDP had earlier informed Nigerians, especially intending aspirants on the platform of the APC that the APC became legally non-operational when in December 8, 2020 it dissolved its National, State as well as Local Government structures and handed its affairs over to an illegal body.

READ ALSO  Anambra: Supporters Troop to Soludo’s Residence

“Moreover, the PDP informs such aspirants that the widespread intractable infighting for the soul of the defunct APC by ferocious ‘political warlords’ is not for election purposes but in desperation for the control of APC structures as pedestals to further pillage public fund before and during the elections.

“The PDP calls on Nigerians to note that the APC by its actions has commenced an inevitable descent into self-inflicted political extinction.

“We call on Nigerians to remain at alert and hopeful as our Party takes decisive steps to democratically take over governance in 2023 in our mission to Rescue and Rebuild our nation from the rudderless, vicious, clueless and visionless APC,” the statement read.

Tags: APCINECPDP
Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Master's degree holder in International Affairs and Diplomacy (with Distinction) from the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

RELATED POST

Tinubu Says ‘Democracy without Security is a Mirage’
Latest News

2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 22, 2026
0

Ahead of the 2027 general election, the All Progressives Congress, APC, has unveiled the list of members of its campaign...

Read moreDetails
INEC Adopts Osun Election as Model for 2027 Polls

INEC Adopts Osun Election as Model for 2027 Polls

August 21, 2026
JUST IN: Constituents Petition INEC, Begin Process to Recall Enugu Rep, Martins Oke

2027 Polls: INEC Fixes November for Mock Accreditation

August 21, 2026
2027: Okorocha Sues INEC, APC, Uzodinma over Imo West Ticket

2027: Okorocha Sues INEC, APC, Uzodinma over Imo West Ticket

August 20, 2026
2027: INEC Registers DLA, NDC as New Political Parties

2027: INEC has no Candidate, Favours no Party, Says Prof Amupitan 

August 19, 2026
Abuja politicians caused APC defeat in Osun’, Gov Sule Reveals

Abuja politicians caused APC defeat in Osun’, Gov Sule Reveals

August 19, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 
  • Nigerian Filling Stations Increase Fuel Pump Price
  • 2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council
  • US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 
  • Fire Outbreak Rocks SPAR Outlet in Calabar

Recommended

When I Die, Feed My Body to My Family to Eat — Phyna says in cryptic message | METROWATCH

‘No Woman Can Say She Hasn’t Done Abortion Once or Twice’ – BBNaija Phyna | METROWATCH

3 years ago
2 Female Journalists Unveil Book on Gov Yahaya Bello at 47

2 Female Journalists Unveil Book on Gov Yahaya Bello at 47

4 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved