• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

COVID-19: Nigeria Records 1 Death, 230 New Infections Friday 

MetrowatchXtra by MetrowatchXtra
January 22, 2022
0 0
0
•Covid-19 logo

•Covid-19 logo

By Abujah Racheal

 

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), says the country’s COVID-19 cases have jumped  to 251,930 after  the centre announced 236 new infections on Friday.

The agency  said this via its website on Saturday morning,  that the daily rise in new coronavirus infections had been below 300 for the fifth consecutive days in a row.

According to it, the death toll in the  country stands  at  3,124  with one more fatality recorded in the past 24 hours.

The agency  also announced that the country discharged 451 more people from hospitals across the country, resulting in 22,900 active COVID-19 cases across the nation.

READ ALSO  2023: Tinubu Must be Punished for Buhari's Lackluster Performance

It noted that the report included 322 discharged cases,  reported in FCT on Jan. 20 – 1 and  21-8, and 313 community discharges for 20th -119 and  21st -194 .

The number of people who had recuperated from the disease moved up to 225,906.

The agency said  the new cases were reported across 10 states  and the Federal Capital Territory.

According to it, out of the new cases, Lagos State reported 90 infections. The 90 confirmed cases reported in Lagos are for Jan. 20 -46; and 21 -44 .

It said that Gombe recorded 66 cases, FCT, Delta, Kaduna and Osun reported 29, 12, 11 and 10 cases respectively.
Others states were  Kano-8, Rivers-7, Ekiti-1, Nasarawa-1 and Oyo-1.

READ ALSO  Official: State Govts Critical in Successful Implementation of AfCFTA

It added that four states with zero cases reported: Bauchi, Ogun, Ondo and Sokoto.

The agency  stated  that today’s report included 29 confirmed cases reported in FCT on  Jan. 20 (15)  and  21 (14).

 

 

(NAN)

Tags: Covid-19NCDCNigeria
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra

RELATED POST

Tinubu Orders Implementation of Pension Increase, Free Healthcare for Retirees
HEALTH

BREAKING | Nigeria to Decriminalise Attempted Suicide, Says Health Minister

by Ogochukwu Isioma
August 19, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has approved a proposed amendment to Nigeria’s mental health law to end the application of the colonial-era...

Read moreDetails
President Tinubu Makes Fresh Appointments into NUC, NERDC, NEPAD

2027: I’ll Wrestle My Opponents to Finishing Point, Tinubu Vows

July 29, 2026
OPINION ARTICLE: How Insecurity is Bleeding Nigeria about $15bn Annually and Destroying Its Economic Future

Nigerian Govt Pursues Compensation over South Africa Attacks

July 29, 2026
OPINION| Nigeria and the New Demands of Regional Leadership, By Ademola Oshodi

OPINION| Nigeria and the New Demands of Regional Leadership, By Ademola Oshodi

July 23, 2026
Nigeria, Hong Kong Sign Double Taxation Agreement to Boost Investment

Nigeria, Hong Kong Sign Double Taxation Agreement to Boost Investment

July 14, 2026
Xenophobia: Nigerian Govt to Seek Compensation for Abandoned Properties

Xenophobia: Nigerian Govt to Seek Compensation for Abandoned Properties

July 1, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 
  • Nigerian Filling Stations Increase Fuel Pump Price
  • 2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council
  • US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 
  • Fire Outbreak Rocks SPAR Outlet in Calabar

Recommended

Oshiomhole Clarifies Comments on Politicians’ Sins Getting Forgiven By Joining APC

Oshiomhole Clarifies Comments on Politicians’ Sins Getting Forgiven By Joining APC

1 year ago
Beyonce Donates £8,000 to Nigerian-owned Restaurant in London | METROWATCH

Beyonce Donates £8,000 to Nigerian-owned Restaurant in London | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved