• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, May 24, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Govt Couldn’t Rescue Kebbi Schoolgirls, They Negotiated with Us, Bandits Boasts in New Video

It was earlier reported that some kidnapped students of Government Girls Secondary School, Maga, Kebbi State, were released on Tuesday with the government claiming that no ransom was paid before their release

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
November 26, 2025
0 0
0

A newly released video has suggested that the Nigerian government and the bandits who kidnapped the Kebbi schoolgirls reached a negotiated agreement prior to the girls’ release.

It was earlier reported that some kidnapped students of Government Girls Secondary School, Maga, Kebbi State, were released on Tuesday with the government claiming that no ransom was paid before their release.

However, a video has surfaced online revealing that the government had negotiated with the abductors before the girls were set free.

In the clip shared by @AM_Saleeem on X, one of the armed men is heard questioning the schoolgirls about military aircraft that flew over the forest during their captivity.

He asks how many jets passed above them, and the girls respond, “uncountable.”

READ ALSO  Woman who killed Son, ate body part not mentally Ill, says Prosecution | METROWATCH

The kidnapper then boasts that the authorities could not rescue the students by force and had to negotiate. The abductors also asked the girls about their condition in captivity.

“Did we leave you hungry?” one bandit asked.

“No,” the girls replied.

“Were you assaulted in any way?” he asked again.

“No,” they answered.

Another kidnapper told them, “We will take you back home safe to your parents, we are doing this based on peace deals.”

He also mocked the government again, asking, “How many helicopters did you see hover around?” The students replied that they could not count them.

At the end of the video, one of the abductors declared, “We are letting you go after negotiations. Your government cannot rescue you with might. Your government has failed.”

READ ALSO  PDP Not in Position to Advise Tinubu on Governance, Says The Democratic Front | METROWATCH

The footage appeared shortly after Kebbi State governor, Nasir Idris and the Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, announced that all abducted students had been freed.

The girls, who were kidnapped after armed men stormed their school and killed the vice-principal, were later seen smiling inside a bus as officials prepared to transport them to Birnin Kebbi, the state capital.

Authorities have said the students will be handed over to their parents today (Wednesday).

Click here to see video

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: BanditsKebbi schoolgirlsNiger
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

11 Killed as Bandits Retaliate after Security Forces Foil Attack in Katsina
Latest News

11 Killed as Bandits Retaliate after Security Forces Foil Attack in Katsina

by Kemi Sheriepha
May 4, 2026
0

Eleven people were killed in a retaliatory attack by bandits on Gwalgoro village in the Kankia Local Government Area of...

Read moreDetails
JUST IN: Gunmen K!ll Police ASP, 4 others in Fresh Benue Attack

Bandits Abduct Monarch in Kwara in Another Daring Raid

April 21, 2026
Commotion as IED Blast K!lls Eight in Niger State

Commotion as IED Blast K!lls Eight in Niger State

March 23, 2026
DEAD! | 150 Bandits Drown in Sokoto as Boat Ferrying Them Capsizes

DEAD! | 150 Bandits Drown in Sokoto as Boat Ferrying Them Capsizes

March 22, 2026
Panic as Bandits Attack Kwara Communities, K!ll 10 Residents, Burn Down Houses 

Panic as Bandits Attack Kwara Communities, K!ll 10 Residents, Burn Down Houses 

February 4, 2026
Has Atiku Really Resigned From PDP? This is What He Has to Say

Atiku Laments ‘Bandits’ Audacity’ in Kurmin Wali Abduction 

January 22, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Abia 2027: Journalist Emerges Obingwa West PDP Candidate, Says ‘I’m Prepared’
  • APC to Present Tinubu with Certificate of Return, Party’s Flag as its 2027 Presidential Candidate
  • Ewuare II Receives Ogbeide-Ihama, Urges Calm over Edo South APC Primary Dispute
  • APC Primary: Tinubu Wins 100% in Zulum’s Ward
  • Gov Okpebholo Lauds Turnout at APC Presidential Primaries in Edo  

Recommended

BridgeGap Introduces Innovative App, 56 Bridge, to Ease Recruitment Processes, Improve Efficiency

BridgeGap Introduces Innovative App, 56 Bridge, to Ease Recruitment Processes, Improve Efficiency

4 years ago
Yuletide: Edo Warns against indiscriminate Dumping of Refuse

Edo Begins Assessment of Workers for Promotion

4 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved