• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, August 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Nigeria’s Port Harcourt Refinery Not for Sale, NNPC Limited Says

The Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) of NNPC Limited, Bashir Bayo Ojulari, announced this at a company-wide town hall meeting on Tuesday at the NNPC Towers, Abuja. He stated that the position isn’t a shift

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
July 30, 2025
0 0
0
Group CEO NNPC Ltd, Engr. Bashir Bayo Ojulari addressing the Company’s staff during a Townhall held at the NNPC Towers, in Abuja, on Tuesday

Group CEO NNPC Ltd, Engr. Bashir Bayo Ojulari addressing the Company’s staff during a Townhall held at the NNPC Towers, in Abuja, on Tuesday

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) Ltd has officially ruled out sale of the Port Harcourt Refining Company, reaffirming its commitment to completing high-graded rehabilitation and retention of the plant.

The Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) of NNPC Limited, Bashir Bayo Ojulari, announced this at a company-wide town hall meeting on Tuesday at the NNPC Towers, Abuja. He stated that the position isn’t a shift. Rather, it is informed by ongoing detailed technical and financial reviews of the Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Warri refineries.

The ongoing review indicates that the earlier decision to operate the Port Harcourt refinery prior to full completion of its rehabilitation was ill-informed and sub-commercial, Ojulari said.

Although progress is being made on all three refineries, the emerging outlook calls for more advanced technical partnerships to complete and high-grade the rehabilitation of the Port Harcourt refinery. Thus, selling is highly unlikely as it would lead to further value erosion.

READ ALSO  Vivajets Introduces Fractional Aircraft Ownership Service | METROWATCH

The announcement comes in the wake of widespread speculation following his remarks at the 2025 OPEC Seminar in Vienna, Austria earlier this month, where he said during an interview with Bloomberg that “all options are on the table.” The comment sparked speculation and headlines about the future of the nation’s refining assets.

The declaration was received with applause from hundreds of staff attendees, who described the position as a renewed sense of business-focused direction across the organisation.

The town hall served as more than a performance update—it was an opportunity for candid and constructive engagement. The Executive Vice Presidents presented progress reports from the Upstream, Downstream, Finance, Business Services, Gas, Power, and New Energy businesses, highlighting operational achievements, ongoing reforms, and areas requiring attention.

In a tone marked by honesty and leadership, challenges and earlier missteps were acknowledged, and a clear roadmap was outlined for the journey ahead.

READ ALSO  August 1 Protest is for The Poor, I’m Rich, Says Portable | METROWATCH

The announcement reinforces NNPC’s mandate as a strategic custodian of national energy infrastructure and reflects a firm resolve to deliver on the complete rehabilitation and long-term viability of Nigeria’s refineries. It also signals continuity in the Federal Government’s broader energy security objectives and a commitment to retaining critical assets under national control.

Feedback during and after the session revealed a workforce energised and aligned with the leadership’s vision. Described as “reassuring,” “transformational,” and “sustainable,” the atmosphere reflected an optimist outlook among employees and hopefulness about the company’s evolving strategic direction.

NNPC Ltd will continue to reposition itself as a commercially driven, professionally managed national energy company, grounded in transparency, focused on performance, and unwavering in its responsibility to its number one stakeholder group, Nigerians, Ojulari concluded.

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: NNPCLPort Harcourt Refinery
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

New Dawn at NNPCL as Tinubu Sacks Kyari, Entire Board, Appoints Ojulari as New GCEO
BUSINESS

Ojulari Never Awarded Oil Block, had no Role in Licensing, Says NNPCL Insiders

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 17, 2026
0

The Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, NNPCL, Bayo Ojulari, did not award or participate...

Read moreDetails
Nigerians Dump NNPCL Filling Stations over Petrol Price

NNPCL Reduces Fuel Pump Price

August 3, 2026
INSIGHT | Phantom ₦210 Tr: Day Bala Wunti Cleared All Misconceptions Inside Nigeria’s Senate Hearing, By George Okechukwu

INSIGHT | Phantom ₦210 Tr: Day Bala Wunti Cleared All Misconceptions Inside Nigeria’s Senate Hearing, By George Okechukwu

July 19, 2026
NNPCL Renews Methane Reduction Deal with TotalEnergies

NNPCL Renews Methane Reduction Deal with TotalEnergies

June 19, 2026
VIDEO | ‘God is God’, Diezani Speaks after Acquittal in UK Bribery Trial

VIDEO | ‘God is God’, Diezani Speaks after Acquittal in UK Bribery Trial

June 18, 2026
RIGHT OF REPLY | Who Benefits When Nigeria’s Flagship Energy Company is Publicly Vilified?, By Olufemi Soneye

RIGHT OF REPLY | Who Benefits When Nigeria’s Flagship Energy Company is Publicly Vilified?, By Olufemi Soneye

June 15, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Eid ul Mawlid: Nigerian Govt Declares Tuesday Public Holiday 
  • Give me Your Mandate for Better Nigeria, Peter Obi Urges Electorate
  • NDC Flags Off 2027 Campaign, Warns against Violence
  • Osun Election: Davido Banned from Performing in Edo Over Exchange with Okpebholo
  • FAAC: Federal, States, LGs Share N16tn in 7 Months as Revenue

Recommended

UPDATED| Ekiti guber Poll: APC Clears 15 of 16 LGAs

UPDATED| Ekiti guber Poll: APC Clears 15 of 16 LGAs

4 years ago
1 D!es in Third Mainland Bridge Accident, LASTMA Confirms

1 D!es in Third Mainland Bridge Accident, LASTMA Confirms

1 year ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved