• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Tribunal Judgement: APC Alleges Opposition Panning to Instigate Crisis in Edo

Ogochukwu Isioma by Ogochukwu Isioma
April 2, 2025
0 0
0

By Deborah Coker

The Edo chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) has raised the alarm that some major opposition political parties are planning to instigate crisis in the state and make it ungovernable.

The state APC Chairman, Mr Jarret Tenebe, raised the alarm during a news conference on Tuesday in Abuja.

“It has come to our attention that the leadership of some major opposition parties in our state, along with two others, have devised a reckless and dangerous plot to instigate crisis and make Edo ungovernable,” he said.

Tenebe alleged that the aim of those behind the plot was to force President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of emergency in the state.

“Their sinister objective is clear: they want to force President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of emergency in Edo, because they have no confidence in securing victory at the Edo Election Petition Tribunal.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the tribunal will, on Wednesday, deliver judgment in the petition filed by the PDP candidate, Asue Ighodalo, against the outcome of the Sept. 21, 2024 governorship election in the state.

The APC chairman alleged that the opposition, in their desperation, had resorted to acts of sabotage, hoping to manipulate public perception and judicial sentiment in their favour.

As part of their plans, he said that they had enlisted some disbanded members of the State Security Network to orchestrate violence, as seen in Uromi, Esan North-East Local Government Area.

READ ALSO  Atiku’s Man, Dino Melaye loses PDP Senatorial Ticket to Wike’s Ally, TJ Yusuf

“Their aim is to falsely implicate the state government in these disruptions, creating a narrative that fosters chaos and sympathy for their failed cause,” he said.

Tenebe called for the arrest of some of the opposition party leaders in the state over the recent killings of 16 people in Uromi.

He said that the call for their arrest was premised on the intelligence report before APC which allegedly indicted them.

“Their recent criticism of Gov. Monday Okpebholo for travelling to Kano State to condole with victims’ families has further exposed their involvement in the Uromi mayhem,” he said.

He accused the opposition of hypocrisy and desperation, adding that the governor and APC in the state would not be deceived by their antics.

Tenebe also alleged that some opposition members outside the country were instigating violence in the state.

“As a political party, we are going to formally write to foreign missions, embassies and other international bodies to extradite these fellows who keep inciting the public to commit acts of terrorism.

“They must be repatriated to Nigeria in order to face terrorism charges.

“Let me make it categorically clear: no amount of blackmail, intimidation or desperate orchestration will stop our governor from emerging victorious at the tribunal on Wednesday.

READ ALSO  Obaseki Approves 13th-month Salary for Edo Workers | METROWATCH

“The people of Edo have spoken, and their mandate will not be stolen through underhand tactics.

“Their antics will not weaken us; rather, it will make Edo stronger. We will continue to stand firm in defence of democracy, justice and rule of law,” he said.

The APC chairman also said that since coming on board, the governor had been tackling insecurity in the state, making it to become a thing of the past.

He said that Okpebholo had procured some security gargets, Hilux vehicles and drones, among others, which had been distributed to security agencies to aid in apprehending the criminals operating in the state.

According to him, the Okpebholo-led administration will not rest on its oars until the state is totally free from every form of crime and criminality and residents, irrespective of their religious and ethnic affiliations, begin to live in peace.

He appealed to the APC faithful in the state to remain calm, as they await the tribunal judgment on Wednesday.

“Our lawyers did a very good job. We also believe in the judiciary and we believe that the tribunal is going to do justice to the matter,” he said.

(NAN)

Tags: EdoEmperor Jaret TenebeMonday OkpebholoTribunal
Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Master's degree holder in International Affairs and Diplomacy (with Distinction) from the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

RELATED POST

Critics Hate Me Because My Dad is Rich, Davido Says
Latest News

Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 22, 2026
0

The Edo Government has said Afrobeats star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, is free to visit the state. The...

Read moreDetails
Davido Disburses N250m to 292 Orphanages

Afegbua: Like All Other Nigerians, We Love, Welcome Davido in Edo State

August 21, 2026
Critics Hate Me Because My Dad is Rich, Davido Says

Osun Election: Davido Banned from Performing in Edo Over Exchange with Okpebholo

August 21, 2026
Okpebholo Approves Automatic Employment for Children of Late Edo Perm Sec

Okpebholo Approves Automatic Employment for Children of Late Edo Perm Sec

August 13, 2026
OPINION | Governance is Not a Popularity Contest, By Patrick Ebojele

OPINION | Governance is Not a Popularity Contest, By Patrick Ebojele

July 27, 2026
Edo Security Squad Arrests 12 Suspected Cultists in Benin Crackdown

Edo Security Squad Arrests 12 Suspected Cultists in Benin Crackdown

July 18, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Davido Free to Visit, Edo Govt Clear 
  • Nigerian Filling Stations Increase Fuel Pump Price
  • 2027: Yari, Oshiomhole, Gbaja, Others Appointed as Tinubu Unveils Campaign Council
  • US Judge Strikes Down Trump Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries 
  • Fire Outbreak Rocks SPAR Outlet in Calabar

Recommended

When I Die, Feed My Body to My Family to Eat — Phyna says in cryptic message | METROWATCH

‘No Woman Can Say She Hasn’t Done Abortion Once or Twice’ – BBNaija Phyna | METROWATCH

3 years ago
2 Female Journalists Unveil Book on Gov Yahaya Bello at 47

2 Female Journalists Unveil Book on Gov Yahaya Bello at 47

4 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved