• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Thursday, August 20, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home POLITICS

2023 presidency: Wike approves stadium for Tinubu rally, waives fee

By Babalola Seyi

Seyi Babalola by Seyi Babalola
February 9, 2023
0 0
0
Nyesom Wike

*Nyesom Wike

Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike approved the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Elekahia, Port Harcourt, for the campaign of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, on February 15, 2023.

Tony Okocha, Rivers State Coordinator of the Bola Tinubu Campaign Organization, said this at a news conference in Port Harcourt on Wednesday.

Okocha stated that all preparations had been made to guarantee that the APC presidential standard bearer’s rally went off without a hitch.

Okocha said that Wike permitted the stadium’s usage out of kindness, without collecting the N5m money mandated by Executive Order 21 from the campaign council.

He stated, “Wike in his usual magnanimity has granted the approval of an alternate venue, the Yakubu Gowon Stadium, Elekahia, Port Harcourt, for the presidential campaign rally scheduled to hold on February 15, 2023 absolutely free of charge.

READ ALSO  BREAKING | 13 Political Parties Threaten to Boycott 2023 Elections

“But subject to the issuance of a written guarantee of the safety and security of the facilities at the venue due to the violence recorded in recent rallies by the governorship standard bearer of the party in the state.”

An 11-person committee has been established to plan and guarantee the effective hosting of the rally in the state, according to Okocha, who is also the Coordinator and Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT-Vangiard in the South-South).

He emphasized that the state’s campaign committee had done its due diligence to guarantee Tinubu’s victory.

 

Tags: RiversTinubuWike
Seyi Babalola

Seyi Babalola

Experienced Communications Expert and Journalist with an excellent track record of overseeing every aspect of news publishing from research, news collection/sourcing, editing and distribution. Adept at planning and implementing strategic initiatives across PR, broadcast and digital marketing to attract the target audience. Versatile and proactive individual with interest in public relations, media management, and Fact Checks.

RELATED POST

Tinubu Presides over First FEC Meeting Since June
Latest News

Tinubu Presides over First FEC Meeting Since June

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 19, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday presided over a meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) at the State House, Abuja,...

Read moreDetails
OPINION ARTICLE: How Insecurity is Bleeding Nigeria about $15bn Annually and Destroying Its Economic Future

JUST IN: US Court Gives Attorney, Pirro Ultimatum to Release ‘Tinubu Drug-Trafficking Records’

August 18, 2026
Let’s Bet, Tinubu Will Win 2027 Election, Wike Challenges El-Rufai

Osun: President Tinubu Should be Commended for Fair Election Says Wike

August 18, 2026
Tinubu Says ‘Democracy without Security is a Mirage’

Nigeria’s Refineries will Soon Bounce Back, Says Tinubu

August 14, 2026
President Tinubu Makes Fresh Appointments into NUC, NERDC, NEPAD

2027: Tinubu Dragged Before EU Commission over ‘Certificate Forgery’

August 14, 2026
OPINION ARTICLE: How Insecurity is Bleeding Nigeria about $15bn Annually and Destroying Its Economic Future

Tinubu Calls for Peaceful Election in Osun, Charges Security Agencies to Protect Voters, INEC Officials

August 14, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • OPINION | Time for Gusau NFF Board to Quit, By Danladi Bako
  • ’40 Vehicle Assembly Plants Now Operational in Nigeria’, Says Automotive Council
  • Subsidy Savings: Account for ₦10.4tn Received, NECA Tells States, LGs
  • Ebonyi LG Polls: Police Restrict Movement Saturday
  • 2027: Okorocha Sues INEC, APC, Uzodinma over Imo West Ticket

Recommended

Diddy Files for Gag Order, Cites Grand Jury Witness Interview Outside Courthouse

S3x Trafficking: Sean Diddy’s Top Lawyer Quits Case Ahead of Trial

1 year ago
Nassarawa 2023: Jonathan’s ex-Minister Maku dumps APGA, Returns to PDP

Nassarawa 2023: Jonathan’s ex-Minister Maku dumps APGA, Returns to PDP

4 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved