• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home POLITICS

Adeleke’s Certificates Not in Our Custody, Osun REC Tells Tribunal

MetrowatchXtra by MetrowatchXtra
November 24, 2022
0 0
0
•Typical gravel of a Nigerian court

•Typical gravel of a Nigerian court

By Joshua Oladipo and Victor Adeoti

Dr Mutiu Agboke, Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), for Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Osun, says the commission is no longer in possession of Sen. Ademola Adeleke’s Form CF 001 used in the 2018 governorship election.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalled that the tribunal had earlier granted subpoena application to the petitioners, compelling the REC to produce Adeleke’s Form CF 001.

Form CF 001 is the nomination form and all its attachments, including the certificates used in the 2018 election.

Gov. Adegboyega Oyetola and APC had on Aug. 5 submitted a petition before the tribunal in Osogbo.

Oyetola and APC are challenging the election results from 749 polling units across 10 local government areas of the state for various alleged electoral malpractice, especially over-voting.

INEC had declared Adeleke as the winner of the July 16 governorship election, having polled 403, 271 votes against 375,027 polled by Oyetola.

At the resumed hearing on Tuesday in Osogbo, Counsel to the petitioners, Chief Akin Olujinmi (SAN), reminded the tribunal of the subpoena it granted and served on REC on Nov.15.

Olujinmi told the tribunal that the subpoena on REC has yet to be obeyed and as such his second witness in the petition could not be called.

According to him, the testimony of the witness would be based on the said documents.

Counsel for the first respondent, INEC, Paul Ananaba, told the court that the REC had sent a representative to appear before the tribunal on the order of the subpoena.

READ ALSO  2023: Doyin Okupe Withdraws as Labour Party's Obi Running Mate

The REC representative, Mr Sheu Mohammed, who is INEC Deputy Director on Election and Party Management, told the tribunal that the said Adeleke’s Form CF 001 was no longer with the commission in the state.

Mohammed said after the 2018 governorship election, the said documents were submitted to INEC headquarters in Abuja, adding that they only have the photocopies of the said documents in the state.

“The Form CF 001 documents was submitted to INEC headquarters through the party, but photocopies were given to us for the purpose of record.

“What we have here in the state is Form EC8A series, after the election litigation,” he said.

The petitioners’ counsel said the REC had the duty to go to INEC headquarters to obtain the said documents.

“Until your lordship discharge the subpoena, it is the duty of the REC to obey it and it remains.

“I am applying that your lordship direct INEC Chief Officer or any of his officer he may direct to produce the true certified copy of INEC Form CF 001, including all the attached documents,” he said.

But, Ananaba disagreed with the petitioners’ counsel, adding that REC could not ordered INEC headquarters to produce the said certificate.

“The subpoena is incompetent and my position is that REC has complied with subpoena.

“The representative of REC is here and REC is different from INEC.

“So, the subpoena has been complied with, because the representative of REC is here to tell the court he is not in custody of the said documents,” he said.

READ ALSO  Adeleke Dares Oyetola and APC, Vows to Retain Governorship Mandate at Tribunal

In his objection, Adeleke’s Counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), said that since the documents requested to be produced by INEC are Certified True Copies (CTC), it could be applied and paid for, without necessarily bringing to the court.

Ikpeazu said based on the fact that the petitioners already have CTC at their disposal, they should be compelled to continue with the calling of the witnesses whose testimony hanged on the documents requested from INEC.

Also, Counsel to the third respondent (PDP), Alex Izinyon (SAN), also said that since the petitioners already have the documents in question, they should be compelled to call the witness.

After the arguments and counter arguments by the counsels, the tribunal Chairman, Justice Tertsea Kume, adjourned further hearing until Nov. 25 to rule on the subpoena application.

Meanwhile, the second witness called by the petitioners, Rasak Adeosun, told the tribunal that there were irregularities and over voting during the election.

Adeosun, who is the Returning Officer for the petitioner in Olorunda Local Government area, while being cross examined by counsel to respondents, told the tribunal that BVAS was not used for the election in 749 polling units in 10 local government areas.

Adeosun, who is also Senior Special Assistant to Gov. Oyetola, said he received reports of the happenings in the polling units on the election day.

The witness said he discovered that there was no substantial compliance with the INEC’s guidelines and the Electoral Act in the contentious 749 polling units.

(NAN)

Tags: Ademola AdelekeGboyega OyetolaOsun ElectionOsun Tribunal
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra

RELATED POST

JUST IN: Crisis Brews In ADC as New Faction Emerges
Latest News

Osun Election: We Collaborated with Accord to Stop APC, ADC Claims

by Kemi Sheriepha
August 18, 2026
0

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has said it collaborated with the Accord Party during the August 15 Osun State governorship...

Read moreDetails
Let’s Bet, Tinubu Will Win 2027 Election, Wike Challenges El-Rufai

Osun: President Tinubu Should be Commended for Fair Election Says Wike

August 18, 2026
Osun: ‘We Respect INEC’s Position’, Oyebamiji Speaks after Defeat

Osun: ‘We Respect INEC’s Position’, Oyebamiji Speaks after Defeat

August 18, 2026
JUST IN: Soludo Sworn in for Second Term in Office

Osun Election: Soludo congratulates Adeleke

August 17, 2026
2027: Who Owns NDC? Fear of Moles Rocking Party Spreads 

Osun Election: NDC Hails Adeleke, Faults Tinubu Endorsement

August 17, 2026
Tinubu’s Claim of Economic Revival an Insult to Suffering Nigerians, Says Wabara

Adeleke’s Victory May be APC Smokescreen Ahead of 2027, Says Wabara

August 17, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Chelsea Confirm Name Change Ahead of New Season
  • JUST IN: US Court Gives Attorney, Pirro Ultimatum to Release ‘Tinubu Drug-Trafficking Records’
  • Osun Election: We Collaborated with Accord to Stop APC, ADC Claims
  • Plateau Assembly Raises Alarm over Fresh Mangu Attacks
  • Osun: President Tinubu Should be Commended for Fair Election Says Wike

Recommended

Oba of Benin Ends Mother’s Funeral Rites with Thanksgiving

Oba of Benin Ends Mother’s Funeral Rites with Thanksgiving

1 year ago
FACT CHECK | Bawa: Chukkol is EFCC Acting Chairman, Not Abba | METROWATCH

FACT CHECK | Bawa: Chukkol is EFCC Acting Chairman, Not Abba | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved