• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Police Deny Rescue of Abducted Oyo Students, Teachers

In a press statement issued by the police public relations officer, DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, the command said security agencies were continuing intensive efforts to secure the safe rescue of the victims and apprehend those behind the abduction

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
May 22, 2026
0 0
0

The Oyo State Police Command has debunked reports claiming that abducted students, pupils and teachers in Orire Local Government Area have been released, insisting that rescue operations are still ongoing.

In a press statement issued by the police public relations officer, DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, the command said security agencies were continuing intensive efforts to secure the safe rescue of the victims and apprehend those behind the abduction.

“The Oyo State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that the abducted students, pupils, and teachers in Orire Local Government Area are yet to be released, as intensive efforts by security agencies continue to ensure their safe rescue and the arrest of those responsible for the criminal act,” the statement read.

The command dismissed as false the rumour currently circulating that the victims had been rescued and urged residents to remain calm while supporting ongoing security operations.

READ ALSO  Benue 2023: Ochetoha K'Idoma, Igede Youths Endorse Adejoh for Deputy Governor

“The Command hereby debunks the rumour currently circulating that the victims have been rescued. Members of the public are urged to remain calm, support the ongoing efforts of the joint security team, and verify every piece of information before sharing it,” the police stated.

The police further warned that the spread of misinformation was capable of undermining rescue operations and creating unnecessary panic among residents.

“The spread of fake news and misinformation only creates unnecessary panic, heightens tension, and diverts limited security resources that are critically needed for the ongoing operations,” the statement added.

The Command assured residents of the state that verified updates would be made available as events unfold and advised members of the public seeking authentic information or clarification to contact the Police Public Relations Officer or the Command’s control room.

READ ALSO  Nigerians Condemn Viral Sex Tape  Involving  Chrisland Schools' Students

 

Metrowatchxtra

Tags: Oyo school KidnapPolice
Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

Oyo School Abduction: Communities List Names, Ages; 2-year-old Girl Among Victims
Latest News

Oyo School Abduction: Communities List Names, Ages; 2-year-old Girl Among Victims

by Kemi Sheriepha
May 19, 2026
0

A toddler, Christianah Akanbi, aged 2, of Yawota Baptist Nursery and Primary School is among the 46 persons kidnapped by...

Read moreDetails
Oyo School Kidnap: Gruesome Killing of Teacher Sends Fear Across Community

Police Trace Oyo School Abduction Suspects Through Phone Calls with Bandits

May 19, 2026
Picture of Kidnapped Oyo Teacher Beheaded by Bandits

Picture of Kidnapped Oyo Teacher Beheaded by Bandits

May 18, 2026
Oyo School Kidnap: Gruesome Killing of Teacher Sends Fear Across Community

Oyo School Kidnap: Gruesome Killing of Teacher Sends Fear Across Community

May 18, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Police Dismiss Officer over Misconduct

May 15, 2026
Kaduna Retired Police Officers Set to Protest at NASS over Pension Bills

Police Bust Initiation Rites, Arrest 24 Suspected Cultists in Ondo

May 13, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Zulum Lauds Tinubu, Shettima as Gubio Emerges Borno APC’ Guber Candidate
  • Police Deny Rescue of Abducted Oyo Students, Teachers
  • Over 41% of Electricity Consumers Still Without Meters, Says NERC
  • 2027: Court voids INEC’s timelines on party primaries, nomination of candidates
  • PRESIDENCY | No Plans to Rename Nigeria, Abolish Sharia Law in the North

Recommended

17-Year-Old Attempts to Break Guinness World Record for Most Watermelon Eaten in 30 Seconds | METROWATCH

17-Year-Old Attempts to Break Guinness World Record for Most Watermelon Eaten in 30 Seconds | METROWATCH

3 years ago
Clean Air: Health Commissioner Reaffirms Commitment to Curb Air Pollution in Lagos | METROWATCH

Clean Air: Health Commissioner Reaffirms Commitment to Curb Air Pollution in Lagos | METROWATCH

2 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved