• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

TNP Explosion Caused By Sabotage, Says Niger Delta Group

The explosion which occurred at Bodo community in Ogoniland resulted in huge spill of crude oil on the environment with an associated inferno

Kemi Sheriepha by Kemi Sheriepha
March 18, 2025
0 0
0

A Niger Delta Group, Niger Delta Intelligentsia Team (NDIT) has fingered the political upheaval in Rivers State as responsible for the Monday explosion of the Trans Niger Pipeline TNP.

The explosion which occurred at Bodo community in Ogoniland resulted in huge spill of crude oil on the environment with an associated inferno.

It is widely feared that the sad incident which happened on the heels of threats by some Niger Delta groups and individuals who are moving against attempts by political gladiators to impeach the governor of Rivers State, Sir Siminalayi Fubara in the heat of the ongoing political crisis.

READ ALSO: Rivers: Police Arrest 2 Persons Over Explosion on Trans Niger Pipeline

Even though the cause of the Bodo explosion is yet to be ascertained General Secretary of the Niger Delta Intelligentsia Team (NDIT) said it strongly believes that the explosion was highly politically motivated.

Speaking to Journalists in Port Harcourt, Nse Victor Udoh, Secretary General of the group stated that though information about the explosion was still sketchy he suspected explosion was a politically motivated attack.

He explained that the group’s position is hinged on the fact that for about a year now or there about there had been zero incidents on the TNP. “All of us are aware of that but recently, people have been issuing threats of possible incidences of vandalism and attacks on oil facilities”.

READ ALSO  Controversial Judgements: Supreme Court Breaks Silence, Warns against Unguarded Statements

Udo explained; “It’s like when the owl cries at night and the baby dies in the morning, definitely fingers will point that the owl has something to do with it. So I’m strongly of the opinion that this a politically motivated incident. Not a consequence of normal occurrence.

Speaking on the location of the threats being away from the area where the explosion occurred he said; “The Niger Delta is the Niger Delta and all of us criss cross the domain, all of us interact and move around.

“That somebody wants to respond to an issue politically and decides to to do it in an area that fingers will not be easily pointed at him does not necessarily make us dumb to consider it not a consequence of political tension, whether it happens deep into the communities where the threats were made or a little bit from the dry land where the threats were not made from.

He added; “Nobody said they were going to blow up the pipeline in Bayelsa or in Gbegena or anywhere. It was just said that pipeline will be torched in the Niger Delta. Those who kept issuing the threat did not specify where they will carry it out. So this is within the region and very significantly within Rivers State. This is highly political.

READ ALSO  2023: Zulum, Shettima Screened by APC in Abuja

But at this time we have to call on the security agencies to be a bit more vigilant over the national oil assets.

“If they have been able to maintain less infraction for almost a year now, they have been able to engage communities, develop trust and allow things to work normally and there is this incident that some of us are thinking is politically connected, then it’s not undermining their efficiency. It is only calling on them to take any threats they hear whether it is from whatever quarters. Whether it is related to politics or wherever the threats come from they must be very proactive about it.

He however that pointed out that the at the moment whatever all claims about the conclusion only constitute preliminary observations.

“Experts will investigate and know what the cause is and we will patiently wait to see what the outcome of the investigation will show. Whether it is equipment failure or whatever it is. But I want to call on federal government and the security agencies to be eagle eyed.

“Investigations are underway and I’m not professionally equipped, it will be hasty for to categorically point at equipment failure but whatever it is we are thinking that this is highly politically motivated”, Udo stated.

 

Metrowatchxtra

Kemi Sheriepha

Kemi Sheriepha

RELATED POST

Nuhu Ribadu Behind Moves to Arrest Me,  El-Rufai Tells Atiku
Latest News

Why You Can’t See El-Rufai, ICPC to ADC Leaders

by Kemi Sheriepha
May 23, 2026
0

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, has explained why the leadership of the African Democratic Congress,...

Read moreDetails
2027: Atiku, Peter Obi in Talks to Join SDP, Set to Retire Tinubu

‘I’m  Not Running from Anybody’, Peter Obi Dismisses Claims of Avoiding Atiku

May 23, 2026
15 De@d As Congo Confirms New Ebola Outbreak

3 New Ebola Cases Confirmed in Uganda, Says Ministry

May 23, 2026
Zulum Presents Borno APC Gubernatorial Candidate Gubio to Tinubu

Zulum Presents Borno APC Gubernatorial Candidate Gubio to Tinubu

May 23, 2026
Meet Tinubu’s Ex-ministers who Lost at Primaries after Resignation

Meet Tinubu’s Ex-ministers who Lost at Primaries after Resignation

May 23, 2026
Federal High Court Announces Death of Kano Division Judge

Federal High Court Announces Death of Kano Division Judge

May 23, 2026
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Why You Can’t See El-Rufai, ICPC to ADC Leaders
  • ‘I’m  Not Running from Anybody’, Peter Obi Dismisses Claims of Avoiding Atiku
  • 3 New Ebola Cases Confirmed in Uganda, Says Ministry
  • Zulum Presents Borno APC Gubernatorial Candidate Gubio to Tinubu
  • Meet Tinubu’s Ex-ministers who Lost at Primaries after Resignation

Recommended

Simon Ekpa to Face Terrorism Charges in Finnish Court In June

Simon Ekpa Sentenced to 6 Years in Prison by Finland Court

9 months ago
Anambra

Woman arrested for alleged abuse of 5-year-old maid in Anambra | METROWATCH

3 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved