• About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
MetrowatchXtra
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • WORLD
  • BUSINESS
  • POLITICS
  • HEALTH
  • SPORTS
  • OP-ED
  • ENTERTAINMENT
No Result
View All Result
MetrowatchXtra
No Result
View All Result
Home SECURITY

Bandits, again, Strike in Plateau, Kill 2 Residents | METROWATCH 

MetrowatchXtra by MetrowatchXtra
May 12, 2023
0 0
0
•Plateau State

•Plateau State

By Sam Kayode
Suspected bandits have on Thurday attacked Gwol-Hoss village of Riyom council area Thursday nigh6t at about 9:34pm.
Impeccable sources revealed that as a result of their usual brutal pattern of attacks, Dachung Gyang and Gyang Badung were shot dead.
The entire Riyom was thrown into panic and confusion as nobody knew their next movement inside the pitch darkness.
This reporter recalls that intelligence released by the security circle in on the plateau had indicated that the bandit militias had intended to attack bordering villages of Foron and Fan in Barkin Ladi LGA within the week.
“Ambushes were to be laid at Bridges of Tashek, Gwol-Hoss & Wereng of Riyom council area which is now being besieged.
“Movements of residents from hipang down to mararaba jama were to be restricted from about 6:00pm, while vigilance was to be intensified, from mararaba jama into the entire kuru district.” said our  source.
Sudden increase in bandit attacks on the Plateau.
This reporter recalls that there has been a sudden and systematic increase in the activities of the torments of the bandits militias in the state with the advent of transition into a new government expected in May 29th.
While vigilance has been stepped up in several council areas in the northern and Central senatorial zones of the state, Kwi Community of Riyom council area was equally attacked during the week by fully armed men of the Fulani bandit militias.
Many communities have come under attack in the last month while traveling between Plateau and Nasarawa State has become an endangered venture.
There was equally another attack on some “out of campus” female hostels of Plateau State University (PLASU) Bokkos during the week also.
Reliable sources told this reporter that there was an alleged kidnapping of about three female students on Monday but they were quickly retrieved from the hands of the kidnapping troops of bandits by very bold students who chased after the criminals.
Meanwhile the Management of the  PLSU Bokkos has expressed shock and sadness over the attack on three female students leaving off campus by yet to be identified hoodlums who were trying to rape them but could not succeed.
The Vice Chancellor, Professor Malau Matur while addressing various heads of students unions  in his office, during the week urged students to go about their normal academic activities as the security agencies investigate the matter.
He called on staff and students to avoid taking laws in their hands adding that “Management will not allow students to participate in any demonstration that will distort academic activities. Be calm as we fight criminality in our dear University.”
Also responding to the kidnap incident, commander sector five , Operation Safe Haven Bokkos council Area, Lieutenant Colonel  Paave while speaking on behalf of other security agencies assured that based on information and collaboration from the university community, they will nip criminality in the bud at all cost.
“As part of safety measures, students were advised to buy whistle as well as  being vigilante by avoiding night movements.”
In a release signed by spokesman of the institution, John Agam, noted that “It was gathered that the three female students of the university who live off campus were said to have gone out to get firewood to complete  cooking after exhausting their cooking gas.
” On returning from fetching firewood, the three girls met some young men whom they earlier greeted  and identified as Fulani, attempting to rape them but could not succeed due to struggle and effort of the girls to fight back. In  the process, one of the girls sustained injury while other girls ran for safety.
“The Vice Chancellor condemned the barbaric act and assured to protect staff and students both in campus and off campus.
After listening to various issues presented by the  student union heads to include: their security safety, electricity, and portable water which the management promised to look into it.
“Those who were present at the meeting were the Principal Management of the institution, leadership of Student’s Union Government, National Association of Nigerian Students, National Association of University Students and Association of Nigerian Female Students.
“The Vice Chancellor had earlier on addressed the entire students at the students Center, calling on them  to remain calm and focused while the management in collaboration with the security agencies are committed in fighting criminality within and outside the university campus,” said John Agam.
Tags: BanditsPlateau StateUnijos
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra

RELATED POST

Panic as Bandits Attack Kwara Communities, K!ll 10 Residents, Burn Down Houses 
Latest News

Panic as Bandits Attack Kwara Communities, K!ll 10 Residents, Burn Down Houses 

by Kemi Sheriepha
February 4, 2026
0

Armed bandits raided Woro and Nuku communities in Kwara State’s Kaiama Local Government Area, killing ten residents and destroying multiple...

Read moreDetails
Has Atiku Really Resigned From PDP? This is What He Has to Say

Atiku Laments ‘Bandits’ Audacity’ in Kurmin Wali Abduction 

January 22, 2026
Bandits Attack ECWA Church in Kogi, K!ll 1, Abduct Worshipers

Bandits Attack ECWA Church in Kogi, K!ll 1, Abduct Worshipers

December 15, 2025
JUST IN: Gunmen Shoot Catholic Priest De@d In Enugu

Bandits Issue 48-Hour Ultimatum for ₦200 Million Ransom in Kogi Church Kidnapping

December 11, 2025
Tension in Kogi Highway as Bandits Lay Siege on Oshokoshoko–Obajana Road, Travellers Stranded (Video)

Tension in Kogi Highway as Bandits Lay Siege on Oshokoshoko–Obajana Road, Travellers Stranded (Video)

December 2, 2025
Govt Couldn’t Rescue Kebbi Schoolgirls, They Negotiated with Us, Bandits Boasts in New Video

Govt Couldn’t Rescue Kebbi Schoolgirls, They Negotiated with Us, Bandits Boasts in New Video

November 26, 2025
Load More

APO

Recent Posts

  • Gov Fintiri’s APC Gambit: A Sinister Shadow Threatening to Engulf the Party in Flames, By Prof Ahmed Abubakar Jallo
  • BREAKING | US Supreme Court Strikes down Trump’s Global Tariffs
  • 8 Years after Dapchi Abduction, Leah Sharibu’s Parents Renew Plea for Rescue
  • REPORT | Trump Considers Limited Strike on Iran to Press Nuclear Deal
  • Man Remanded over Alleged R@pe of Nigerian Model, Fems and Her Friend After Luring Them with Fake Modeling Job

Recommended

Dangote Refinery

VIDEO | First Set of Trucks Start Loading Fuel at Dangote Refinery

1 year ago
Femi Falana

Femi Falana Writes Lagos CP over ‘Death Threats’ against Mohbad’s Wife, Son | METROWATCH

2 years ago
MetrowatchXtra

MetrowatchXtra is an online daily newspaper poised to act as a catalyst in our debate and desire for well-governed Nigeria and provide the much-needed platform for all, irrespective of social, religious or political divide, to express their views.
Metrowatchxtra Nigeria

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Our Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Politics
  • World
  • Business
  • Science
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Health

© 2026 Metrowatchxtra Nigeria Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved